Saturday, April 21, 2018

Two-Fer #4: Pets


There's a Two-Fer Challenge going on now, with the prompt: Pets. 


Among my 'pets' are egg laying chickens I've raised from 2 day old chicks.
They lived in my laundry room for 2 months, warm and snug, until they were able to
live outdoors in a chicken coop my husband and son built.


My babies at 3 weeks.

I created 2 cards with a favorite Ai stamp called Spring Chicken



O Frap. A perfect sentiment when a birthday is forgotten, don't you think? 
Miss Henny Penny is copic colored in pinks to show her frustration at forgetting
an important event. Plaid paper: Lawn Fawn.
Circle frame die: Poppystamps
Roses and bowl of eggs: Carta Bella: Country Kitchen


My 2nd card is the same stamp from Ai's Spring Chicken, this time colored with E-copics,
very much the color of my chickens. And it becomes a Mother's Day card, by masking
the sentiment on the cup, and adding a heart.
Ai: Bird Brains chicken wire stamp
PTI: Stitch in Time Borders.

A Two-Fer!

Play along for a few more days on Darnell's blog:



11 comments:

  1. So fun, Nancy, both your real-life chicks and your cards! I hope you will continue to share photos of your awesome girls as they get older! I recently got this AI set, too, so thank you for the inspiration! Henny Penny looks brilliant in her natural color against that chicken wire background and blushing red on the belated birthday card! Two fantastic designs!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Nancy! Miss Henny Penny is hilarious and she is beautifully coloured on both cards. Two fantastic designs. Those baby chicks are adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards caught my eye in the Twofer Challenge. So cute and fun and creative. Beautifully done! Of course, then I had a little scroll through to see more. What a treat! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome cards, Nancy. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE these cards!! The colors you used are fantastic and I LOVE all the fun layering that you did. FANTASTIC take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken, the sentiments, and your cards are too much fun! So many great details! Awesome designs!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!
    And thank you for sharing a picture of your adorable baby chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun and what cute little chicks they are!! Be sure to share pics with us as they grow. Your cards are just as fabulous as they can be. Love the colors and you creative designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy...as soon as I saw the cards I knew your "girls" were involved and I LOVE it!! Both of your cards are FABULOUS and I just love your coloring! I love the "oh frap" sentiment too...just too funny! Fantastic cards my friend...love them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to see you feature your "girls", Nancy! Both of your cards are so much fun! I love the patterned paper turned at the corner with your fantastic blushing beauty, and also that frame and chicken wire with your mother hen! Again, such a fun twofer! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are wonderful, as are your little mini chick pets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative and fun! Your real life chicks are so adorable. And the cards are so much fun. Love the designs!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!