Tuesday, August 12, 2014

MIM #176: Backgrounds with Embossing Paste


Make It Monday with Laura Bassen! Her video premier, and was she great!
Fun, informative, full of how to's!
Laura, you're a natural!

Coloring embossing paste, using PTI's Cover plates or any die to create our bg.
She made it look easy.
This was my 3rd attempt. The first 2 are further smeared in the recycler!


Modern Cross, Block Talk, & Friendly Flowers Extras Dies,
Friendly Flowers stamp set.
Artist's Loft Acrylic Gesso 
PTI re-inkers: Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Plum Pudding, Blueberry Sky
Lawn Fawn enamel dots

I have a couple more backgrounds on the back burner. 
I WILL be trying this fun technique again!

Thank you Laura!


14 comments:

  1. Nancy, this card is awesome! I love the crackle effect in your background and the colors are indeed fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous...as it states. :) I really love the color combo you chose, and I think your embossed background turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really caught my eye. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours in your paste! I like how you've only done parts of your background with the paste--I was wishing I'd done that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such kind words!!! I LOVE that you used the Modern Cross die...such a fabulous idea!!! Love your gradient colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you got your paste and made a beautiful card! I love your color combo and how you made the cluster flowers to match so perfectly. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, as always Nancy! You always seem to master every challenge with ease. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossing on this card! I like how it is random and the coloring is hit and miss to give it a fun distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the friendly flowers embellishments, your color choices, the varied pattern of your embossing look so fresh & modern on your beautiful card. Your consistency in card creations inspire me to grow in mine -thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is terrific, Nancy! Love the colors and design! This cover plate is on my wishlist! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, Nancy! The black sentiment pops beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!