Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paper Sweeties #14, December Challenge



Merriest of Christmas wishes to all!

Couldn't be busier with last minute arrangements,
but had to do a card for a granddaughter whose bd happens in a few days.
We call her our miracle baby.
Reagan Ryan was born at 29 weeks, but a fighter from the very beginning!
Her mommy, my daughter is my hero!
 Hospitalized and on magnesium to stop early labor, she fought for 5 weeks to keep little Reagan
inside where she belonged!
I stayed with my daughter during the day, her wonderful husband stayed at night. We never left her.
Magnesium does awful things to the body, but she wouldn't jeopardize her daughter's fate, 
and fought every day.
Reagan was born 10 weeks early, not a good sign. But constant prayer, and the amazing crew at Valley Children's Hopital pulled my little granddaughter through.
I think somehow my umbilical cord was attached to her too!

Reagan turns 8 Dec. 21st and shows no ill effects to having been born so early.


I know I'm a bit prejudiced, but covered with so much prayer, she seems to be 'graced'
and shines every time I look at her!


When I saw this month's challenge at Paper Sweeties, I could have sworn that sweet image 
was Reagan!
Feminine and wistful, with soft colors,
Her card came together easily. 
Every birthday is a celebration, Reagan's brings back memories I hold close to my heart!


Sweet Emma was colored with copics, and her outfit (from Warm Winter Wishes) is paper pieced.
Sentiment from Enjoy your Day
Celebrate provided the banner, balloon and party hat
Shaker card window die cut with PTI's Tipped Tops Die, and filled with lots 
of sequin goodies and german glass glitter.

Can you find a little time to join the fun?
Each Paper Sweeties challenge runs a whole month, 
still plenty of time!
Lots of great designer inspiration too!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Nancy! This is just darling!! What a fabulous job you've done with your Sweeties stamps for the December challenge! Your little granddaughter will just love this sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy your Granddaughter is adorable and for sure a blessing. That must have been so difficult for all of you. She is just as sweet as can be.
    Your card is Fabulous !!!!!! I mean it! So well thought out! You are going to be wonderful on the DT. Love the fun shaker window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute Tammy!!!!! And such an adorable grandaughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card! Abigail is dressed so CUTE and ready for a bday celebration! Love the shaker window and banner, too! Happy 8th birthday to your darling granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely precious! Really love that shaker window, and Abigail is dressed perfectly for a party! Happy birthday, Reagan, and thanks so much for sharing her story. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely adorable as well as your granddaughter! She share a birthday with my grandson who was also born early by 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your granddaughter is beautiful! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, and I have to say that your story brought tears (the good kind) to my eyes. What a sweet little angel she is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - perfect for a 10 year old! Congratulations to a wonderful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!