Sunday, August 18, 2013

Festive Friday's Theme Challenge

Festive Friday continues to help us with our Christmas cards!
This challenge is to create a project for a child.
There are 10 grandchildren in our family, and grandma makes a card for each one.
At Christmas time, when he was little, Garrett would help me set out the nutcracker collection.
He loved this special task, and I loved seeing his face as we unwrapped each one to set them in their 
special place. 
This card will be his!
A couple of fun Christmas papers from Cosmo Cricket with 3 windows cut from 2 sizes of 
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels 28.
Inside the card the 3 stamped nutcrackers from Waltzingmouse's Nutcracker Sweet stamp set.
PTI Rustic White Cardstock
The 2 wreaths at the top were first die cut with PTI's largest Button Up 2, stamped with Pure Poppy then New Leaf. Then I die cut the centers again with the smallest blossom die from 
Polka Dot Parade #2.
Heart is from PTI's Heart-2-Heart #11 stamped with the heart from WM Nutcracker.
Mistletoe and Holly branch, die cut in New Leaf (PTI).
My sweet Garrett is 10 now, possibly too old to help grandma set out the nutcrackers, 
we'll see. 
The child's Christmas challenge runs for 2 weeks.
Catch it at Festive Friday's blog, here:



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love nutcrackers! We're slowly creating a collection of our own. My DS is almost 13 and still looks forward to pulling them out each year, hopefully Garrett will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and so beautifully detailed. Lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the story behind this one! And what a great stamp set to create the perfect card for your little grandson! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what a special card this will be for him, Nancy...thanks so much for sharing the history behind this lovely creation! The design of it is beautiful, and I can tell much love went into the making of it! So very happy you could share it with us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this 'peek-a-boo' idea with the nutcrakers! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So SO cute!!!! Love the windows and nutcrackers, Festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was imagining how giddy you were when you saw that the challenge was Christmas and children...it made me laugh. This is so darling and really well done with the nutcrackers inside! It made me glad Christmas is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, Garrett is one lucky boy to have you for his grandma! Love this wonderful card full of love. I think is very sweet you make each child their own Christmas card wonderful idea and I just might take your lead and do the same....I have plenty of time it's only August . You card is adorable with the cutouts and nutcrackers. Your amazing!
    Contrast on a win or mention for one of your cards.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!